Travel Service Center
The Getaway USA program you have received is an offer that provides accommodations for 2 adults, one of which must be 21 years of age. If married, you must travel together.
The first step in the program is to complete the activation form and mail it to the address provided at the bottom of the form. If you have not chosen a destination, you may certainly do so in the future, so please check the appropriate box with that information. You must also send in a $50 deposit. Please be sure your check is made payable to Getaway USA. The activation form must be mailed and postmarked within 30 days of issue date for this offer to be valid. This deposit is refundable on request less a $10 processing fee. The request must be made in writing at any time prior to the expiration date before confirming reservations or within 30 days of completion of travel. The refund request should be mailed to Getaway USA Refunds, 13014 N Dale Mabry Hwy #2, Tampa, FL 33618 or emailed to email@example.com. Refunds will be mailed approximately 3 to 4 weeks after the request is received.
Once we receive your deposit and activation form, you will receive a confirmation email from Getaway USA. This email provides the validity dates of your offer, which is one year from your activation date. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks from your mailing date to receive this email. You will be given a telephone number to call for reservations when you have chosen your destination and dates.
Once we take your reservation request, we will contact you when you are confirmed. Please allow at least two to three weeks for confirmation. Then you will be contacted again with hotel information. Your deposit is refundable after your hotel stay is completed. Instructions about receiving your refund can be found in your terms and conditions.
The hotels offered in our program are similar to Holiday Inn and Choice Hotels. Our program offers 2 nights. Addtional nights may be added for a fee depending on availability. The fee will be discussed at the time of reservation. Most of our hotels allow up to two children in the same room. A fee may apply for additional guests. Additional fees will be determined at the time of reservation. For your information, the additional night is usually $99 and children rates may be as low as $10 per person. Remember, the offer is for room rate only. Holiday, peak season and weekend surcharges apply. Tax and resort fees, if applicable, are the responsibility of the traveler. The taxes will vary according to your destination--but usually run $10-15 per night.
Arrival date must be a minimum of 30 (we suggest at least 45) and a maximum of 60 days in advance. The more advance time you provide us, the better the hotel availability. There may be certain times that no hotels are available at your destination on your desired dates of travel. Getaway always prefers at least 2 choices of dates and destinations.
If you have further questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific question.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What should I do after receiving the certificate?
A: Activate your offer by sending in your registration form and your $50 refundable deposit. You will then receive a Welcome Letter email with instructions on how to book your Getaway hotel stay. This email will contain your activation number and activation date. Please be sure to check your junk/spam email for the Welcome email.
Q: Is this a timeshare?
A: We have availability with and without a timeshare presentation. We will advise you of current availability when you call for reservations.
Q: Can I bring children?
A: Yes, but the room will accommodate 2 adults and 2 children only.
Q: What do I have to pay?
A: You have to pay the taxes on the hotel room and the refundable deposit.
Q: How much are the taxes?
A: The minimum is 10% of the hotel rate.
Q: What hotel is it?
A: It is anywhere from a Holiday Inn to a Choice Hotel or within that price range.
Q: Is airfare included?
A: No, you have to provide your own transportation to the chosen destination.
Q: Can I stay extra nights?
A: You can and that is approximately $99 a night.
Q: What is the $50 for?
A: It is a deposit for the hotel.
Q: When will I get the deposit back?
A: After you have completed travel you may send an email to email@example.com. The deposit is returned within approximately 45 days, in the form of a check. The only time that you do not get it back is if you book and do not check into the hotel or if the certificate has expired. Refunds need to be requested in writing after the hotel stay or at any time during the 1 year period. Please note refunds requested via email will receive a reply within 5 business days requesting address verification. Please be on lookout for this email as refunds will not be issued until your physical address is verified. Refunds will be mailed approximately three to four weeks after request is received, minus a $10 processing fee.
Q: Will I know what hotel I am going to when I book it?
A: When you book the hotel you will be sent a package with the information on the hotel and where to check in.
Q: How long do I have to use it?
A: You have a year to use it from the date on the activation letter you will be receiving from us.
Q: How long do I have to send in the deposit?
A: 30 days from the activation date.
Q: What do I do if I dont know my dates or destination?
A: Just send in your form with your deposit. When you are ready to reserve your hotel stay, just give us a minimum of 30 days before you want to travel.
Q: Where are the hotels located in relation to the destinations offered?
A: The hotels are in the city you choose or in the surrounding area. We cannot guarantee that the hotels are in city centers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This promotional offer requires payment of taxes/fees and should not be considered free travel. 2. This offer provides accommodations for two (2) adults, one of which must be at least 21 years of age. If married, you must travel together. Driver's license required for verification of age and major credit card required as a matter of hotel policy--no debit cards. Arrival date must be a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 60 days from receipt of your request.
3. When your reservations are confirmed, you will be mailed a written confirmation with your directions and check-in times. This written confirmation and two forms of ID (driver's license and major credit card) must be presented upon check-in.
4. This offer is valid for one year from activation date. Refunds may be requested in writing at any time prior to expiration date, prior to confirming reservations or within 30 days of completion of travel. Mail refund requests to Getaway Department, 13014 N Dale Mabry Hwy #2, Tampa Florida 33618 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note refunds requested via email will receive a reply within 5 business days requesting address verification. Please be on lookout for this email as refunds will not be issued until your physical address is verified. Refunds will be mailed approximately three to four weeks after request is received, minus a $10 processing fee.
5. All reservations are based on Getaway availability and are subject to change. Availability is limited during peak season, holidays and weekends. Surcharges may apply during these times and in some locations. A very limited number of locations may require that a third night be purchased by the user. We also reserve the right to change the destinations at any time.
6. This offer is for hotel accommodations only and does not include transportation, room taxes and surcharges, meals, etc. Sorry, no pets.
7. This offer is valid for two adults and up to two children up to 12 years of age.
8. This offer is not valid for groups or for attending a convention.
9. Only one vacation promotion per household can be used per year.
10. While on vacation, you may be offered exciting vacation opportunities in the resort area by the Host Resort in the hopes that you will vacation with the Host Resort in the future.
11. Notice of cancellation or changes to a confirmed reservation must be received at least 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. Failure to cancel or reschedule at least 14 days prior to arrival or hotel 'no shows' will result in a forfeiture of your refundable deposit. In some cases, hotels will charge a cancellation fee if terms of agreement are not met.
12. Getaway, it's agents or assignees, act only as an agent for the hotel and will not assume any responsibility for any loss, delay, accident, act of terrorism, injury or damage to persons, property, or any liability whatsoever arising from or in conjunction with services provided.
13. This offer is void where prohibited by law.
Arizona: Scottsdale, Sedona
Arkansas: Hot Springs
California: Lake Tahoe, Long Beach, San Diego Area
Florida: Daytona Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, New Smyrna Beach and Orlando
Massachusetts: Cape Cod
Maine: Kennebunk, Ogunquit
Nevada: Las Vegas
North Carolina: Banner Elk, Charlotte
South Carolina: Charleston, Hilton Head
Tennessee: Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Manchester
Texas: San Antonio
Utah: Park City, Salt Lake City
Virginia: Williamsburg, Virginia Beach
Wisconsin: Wisconsin Dells
Destinations with Limited Availability
Arizona: Lake Havasu, Mesa, Tucson
Florida: Cocoa Beach, Ormond Beach, Deerfield, Tampa, St. Augustine
Maryland: Ocean City
New Hampshire: Salem, Lincoln
New York: Albany, Buffalo
North Carolina: Outer Banks
Ohio: Port Clinton, Columbus, Dayton
Pennsylvania: Hershey, Pocono Mountains